Covid-19 Measures At African Bush Adventurers & Backpackers
Covid-19 is a global daily reality, and at African Bush Adventurers & Backpackers, we want our staff and guests to enjoy every day without additional stress about getting sick.
Our luxury adventurer en-suite rooms make it easier to self-isolate and/ or practice social distancing. While our backpacker rooms sleep only a few people each. On safari, the Foxy Crocodile luxury Open Safari Vehicles are already configured to accommodate fewer guests, each with more personal space.
So, our well-ventilated rooms, spacious leisure areas, and awesome safaris are all wonderful ways to get healthy doses of fresh air, sunshine (Vit. D), and loads of rest and relaxation.
We are also monitoring all current information provided by the South African Tourism Board on the global status of Covid-19.
Prevention protocols provided to staff on an ongoing basis, including:
- Keeping all staff continually updated.
- Providing and implementing clear mandates for increased personal hygiene.
- Facilitating additional hygiene amenities for all guests.
- Educating all staff & guides on preventative procedures and protocols, as well as emergency procedures in the event of an incident/ suspected infection.
Guides and drivers have been fully trained on best practice procedures for limiting and containing any risk of infection, including:
- Maintaining a high level of cleanliness on vehicles, facilities and equipment.
- Providing hand-sanitizers on board all game drive vehicles.
- Encouraging travelers to wash hands more frequently throughout the journey.
- Best-practice action-plan should a traveler have flu-like symptoms.